Date(s) - Sat, 24 Jun 2017
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join this fun, free workshop run by Upcycle Newcastle, where you can create three simple upcycled projects:
- A fruit and vegetable bag made from old curtain fabric, with drawstrings made from an old t-shirt;
- A shopping bag made from a t-shirt; either string bag or enclosed style;
- A utensils pot or planter pot made from plastic containers and jeans scraps.
This a Lake Macquarie City Council and NSW EPA Waste Less Recycle More initiative funded by the waste levy.
This workshop is suitable for beginners.
Participants are encouraged to provide old t-shirts, plastic pots, jeans to upcycle, and hand sewing accessories if available.
Upcycle Newcastle will provide old curtain material, plastic containers and denim scraps, craft glue, and sewing accessories such as scissors, cottons, needles, and pins. We will also have old t-shirts available for participants to purchase for $1 each.
Bookings are essential, as places are limited:
- Phone: Cathy on 0411 434 013 or
- Email: upcycling@transitionnewcas